- DeMorrow Instruments
The Reference Standard in Hand-Crafted Keyboard Percussion. The pictures on my home page show both the new Concert DeMorrow marimba (concert grand black finish), and the travelling frame (made from African Mahogany wood). Five octave marimbas are priced from $3375 to $26,000 (for the Gordon Stout Concert marimba). Cases available. See the website for lots more information and sound files!
EASTHAMA - International Percussion Duo
Two of the most exciting young percussion around - Lindsey Eastham and Hiromu Nagahama! They are EASTHAMA, and are an internationally known percussion duo. Amazing players and musicians. Check out their site!
Lindsey Eastham - www.lindseyeastham.com
Lindsey finished her MM degree at Ithaca College in May of 2018, and is a newly named One Vibe artist for Marimba One. She is a truly gifted vibist as well as marimbist and percussionist. My composition for solo marimba Crystal Caverns is dedicated to her, and she did the premiere. A young artist to keep track of!!
www.unpitched.org - un/pitched - an emerging organization that began in the fall of 2017 with a percussion trio performing newly created works from six award-winning composers in the Ithaca, NY area. They are an organization focused on bringing together different institutions, communities, and their respective perceptions and ideologies through the cultivation of contemporary music.
Colleen Clark - Drummer, composer, jazz artist, educator. Great drummer. Super friend. Great musician, drummer, and composer.
Larissa Venzie - Marimbist
Larissa is a former student of mine from Ithaca College, where she received both the BM and MM degrees in percussion performance. Larissa recorded my marimba duo, Laruci In The Sky with me on my Welcome to Stoutland CD. She has two CD's of her own, and is a wonderful marimbist and musician, and understands my marimba music for than anyone is know. Check out her site!
- Thomas Burritt
Tom is such a great marimbist, percussionist, and musician, that all should check out his site! His list of accomplishments is too long to mention here. He is Professor of Percussion at the University of Texas at Austin, and his CD Groundlines contains the absolute definitive recording of my work Four Dances for solo marimba. It is stunningly beautiful!!
The King of Marimba these days!
- Eriko Daimo
- The Queen of Marimba these days!
- Tatiana Koleva
- The Queen of Bulgarian percussion!!
- Naoko Takada
- My dear friend, former student, and incredible performer, musician, marimbist, and educator.
- Simply one of the very best ever in the marimba world!
Other Important Sites
- Percussive Arts Society
- I have been a member of PAS most of my life, beginning sometime in the 1960's. If you are interested in the field of percussion, you should be a member. No questions.
- Ithaca College
- I have taught here since 1980, and will most likely continue to do so till' retirement. PS-retiring in May of 2019!!!!!
- Contemporary Music Project
- A great site for a lot of reasons, one of which is that Don is a former student of mine, and great friend, percussionist, composer, teacher, and on and on.
- Steve Weiss Music
- Steve was a good friend of mine. He actually saved my life once. I have purchased most of the equipment Ithaca College
- owns from Weiss, for almost 35 years. Still the best!