gordon stout: Links
- DeMorrow Instruments
The Reference Standard in Hand-Crafted Keyboard Percussion. The pictures on my home page show both the new Concert DeMorrow marimba (concert grand black finish), and the travelling frame (made from African Mahogany wood).
- Dream Cymbals and Gongs
- Steve Weiss Music
Steve was a good friend of mine. He actually saved my life once. I have purchased most of the equipment Ithaca College owns from Weiss, for almost 35 years. Still the best!
- Thomas Burritt
Tom is such a great marimbist, percussionist, and musician, that all should check out his site! His list of accomplishments is too long to mention here. He is Professor of Percussion at the University of Texas at Austin, and his CD Groundlines contains the absolute definitive recording of my work Four Dances for solo marimba. It is stunningly beautiful!!
Introducing Colleen Clark - The Debut Album
- Eriko Daimo
- A wonderful percussion ensemble, from Spain. Great players and musicians, and wonderful people. They will celebrate their 10th season in 2011.
- Gary France
Gary is a transplanted Australian percussionist, originally from the USA. Great percussionist, great musician, great human being, and new owner of the Groove School of Drums & Percussion.
- David Friedman
- Marta Klimasara
- Tatiana Koleva
- Joe Locke
- Katarzyna Mycka
- Rin Ozaki
- Naoko Takada
- Larissa Venzie - Marimbist
Larissa is a former student of mine from Ithaca College, where she received both the BM and MM degrees in percussion performance. Larissa recorded my marimba duo, Laruci In The Sky with me on my Welcome to Stoutland CD. She has two CD's of her own, and is a wonderful marimbist and musician. Check out her site!
- Nancy Zeltsman
Other Important Sites
- Percussive Arts Society
- I have been a member of PAS most of my life, beginning sometime in the 1960's. If you are interested in the field of percussion, you should be a member. No questions.
- Ithaca College
- I have taught here since 1980, and will most likely continue to do so till' retirement.
- Contemporary Music Project
- A great site for a lot of reasons, one of which is that Don is a former student of mine, and great friend, percussionist, composer, teacher, and on and on.